Below I've included some of the best further reading I've found in the spirit of this website: towards upgrading yourself. This page will be updated periodically.
While there are endless resources to recommend on related topics, my aim is to curate a small, core, and complementary set. These are works that stand out in their utility, approachability, and insights.
- Atomic Habits, James Clear
- Getting Things Done, David Allen
- How to Take Smart Notes, Sönke Ahrens
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
- Moonwalking with Einstein, Joshua Foer
- Ultralearning, Scott H. Young
Below are a few off-topic or extended recommendations.
- Capitalism and Freedom, Milton Friedman
- Feynman Lectures, Richard Feynman
- Gödel, Escher, Bach, Douglas R. Hofstadter
- Our Mathematical Universe, Max Tegmark
- The Selfish Gene, Richard Dawkins
- Lying, Sam Harris
- Zero to One, Peter Thiel
Extended Digital Resources
- 3Blue1Brown, YouTube channel
- Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell, YouTube channel
- Making Sense, Podcast, Sam Harris
- Naval, Podcast, Naval Ravikant
- Paul Graham, Essays, Paul Graham
Last, here are a few websites or blogs which inspire or seem to share a related goal, style, or philosophy with the site you're currently on.
- Alexey Guzey, Blog
- Andy Matuschak, Personal Website
- Art of Memory, Wiki and Forum
- Astral Codex Ten, Blog, Scott Alexander
- Clearer Thinking, Website
- Farnam Street, Articles and Podcast
- Gwern Branwen, Blog
- Michael Nielsen, Personal Website
- SuperMemo Guru, Wiki