Get to the point.
Communication is oddly challenging. People frequently fail to truly understand what each other are saying.
The more words you say, the more likely you are to lose your listener.
Say as much as you can in the minimum space. This is one of two most important communication tips.
Getting to the point means:
- Convey the maximum information with the fewest words.
- Turn your 1000-word email into a paragraph or an image.
- Focus. Distill. Simplify.
- This applies to any form of communication, art, scientific, economic, or social endeavor.
A simple communication algorithm:
- State your message directly. Some people will get it without wasting further time. Some will be curious to hear more.
- Next, develop the message a bit further. Bring clarity with examples, organization, and a story.
- Last, recap your message again. Tie your ideas back together to make it stick.
⌃ back to top